Pinecrest elementary school has a very active parent community. Our parent council is a strong group of parents who support the learning community in a variety of ways. Parents have the opportunity to be involved at Pinecrest in the following ways:
- Volunteering in the classroom(s)
- Attending parent/teacher conferences
- Supporting fundraising events
- Attending monthly parent council meetings
- Donating resources such as field trip funds, clothing for the office, etc.
- Chaperoning field trips
- Attending various school activities such as the spring fling, musical performances, math night, science fair, HEART Hop, etc.
- Volunteering for our school wide field day
Pinecrest Elementary Points of Pride
Pinecrest Elementary has several areas to celebrate and be proud of. Below are just a few:
- Pinecrest staff members are committed to all student's success both academically and social/emotionally. Staff members attend after school events to support the learning community and also often attend student events outside of Pinecrest such as sports games and dance recitals.
- Pinecrest has developed a strong school-wide Positive Behavior Intervention Support Program that teaches students how to be safe, be responsible and be respectful on a daily basis.
- Block scheduling at Pinecrest supports teacher collaboration to ensure that all student’s academic needs are being met. Interventionists also work collaboratively with teachers to ensure student success.
- Teachers use student and program data along with the problem solving process to develop action plans to increase student achievement.