YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
To financially assist youth from low income families wishing to participate in activities offered by the Parks,
Recreation and Arts, we are providing scholarships. Amounts awarded for middle school sports programs are determined based on aggregate needs of all participants. Certain limits apply. Please complete both sides of this form as completely as possible. Scholarships will be given based on the annual household income guidelines determined by the Federal Government.
Interscholastic Athletic Program 2017/2018 School Year
Girls 7 & 8 Grade Volleyball
- Tryouts September 5 & 6 at MacDonald Middle School
8th grade- 3:10 to 5:10pm and 7th grade- 5:30 to 7:30pm
*6th graders can tryout Friday Sept. 8th from 3:10 to 5:10pm and will have a chance to make the 7th grade team if there are open roster spots.
- Open practice for 6th, 7th & 8th grade from 3:30 to 5:30pm Aug. 28-31at MacDonald Middle School. Meet in the gym.
- Registration and parent meeting:
Monday Sept. 11 @ 5:30pm in the school cafeteria
Cost is $200 per person due at registration/parent meeting
Girls and Boys 6/7 & 8 Grade Cross Country
- Optional pre-season conditioning, Aug. 21 to 24 from (M-Th) from 3pm to 5pm. Meet behind the middle school.
- Aug. 28 to 31 from (M-Th) from 3pm to 5pm. Meet at the East Lansing Soccer Complex.
- Open practice from 3:10 to 5pm Sept. 6 & 7 at MacDonald Middle School. Meet in the cafeteria. Dress to run outside!
- Registration and parent meeting- Thursday Sept. 8 at 5:30pm in the school cafeteria
- Cost is $160/person due at registration/parent meeting
Boys 7 & 8 Grade Basketball
- Tryouts: Mid-October
Tryout times and dates will be posted at the school by the end of September
- Registration and parent meeting: Wed. October 25 at 5:30pm in the school cafeteria
- Cost is $200/person due at registration/parent meeting
Participants of middle school sports must have a physical on file at the school office before the first day of practice. Your Doctor must complete physical information on the MHSAA Medical History form which is available at the East Lansing Hannah Community Center or in the MacDonald Middle School main office. All students must be in good academic standing to participate. Families needing financial assistance must apply prior to tryouts. Questions on financial assistance can be directed to
Jim Jennings or the school office.
Middle School Sports is a partnership program with the City of East Lansing and MacDonald Middle School. For more information contact Jim Jennings, City of East Lansing Recreation Coordinator at JLJennings@cityofeastlansing.com or (517)319-6954.
**All dates and times subject to change based on school calendar**